ULTIMATE STYLE LUST: Stevie Nicks

TBT to when I said I would actually post on this every week. It's the middle of the semester and I'm bored as hell and I feel like this is the time in every college student's life where they feel super lost and want to drop out 24/7. Or at least that's how I feel right now so I'm going to actually try to start using this as an outlet again:) I say that like I ever used it as an outlet in the first place:)

I feel like it's only appropriate for my first legitimate post on this blog to be about one of my biggest girl crushes of all time: Stevie Nicks. Fleetwood Mac is one of my top three favorite bands and the 70s is probably my favorite decade for fashion. Something I love about fashion is that trends always come back and the fact that the 70s are currently in style again makes me so happy but also sad because I'm poor and honestly don't know how to dress for my body type. But it's alright because I can lust after it as much as I want and lusting is half the fun.

The 70s was a decade of freedom and expressing who you are and as a creative, fashion and music and art in general are my favorite things to turn to in order to grasp what was going on during that time. Just like how my grandchildren will look at 2016 and see Harry Styles' solo career take off through AnOther Man magazine and that one time everyone in the media lost it over Hillary Clinton's Armani pantsuit. Woodstock will forever > Coachella, but it needs to be admired that trends try to be reciprocated by the current generation. It's the total form of flattery because we're basically copying what was done before us.

What's great about bohemian style is that it's easy, it's flowy, and it's like you just threw an outfit together. I love Stevie's entire vibe and to me she kind of encapsulates what the decade was. She is a true artist (pronounced ar-teest) in her music and her style and what I love about her is she's so... her, you feel me? When I think of who does bohemian style the best I think of Stevie, who is like the textbook hippie. Even now, her effortless style is something I want to achieve. I never feel like she's trying too hard to be herself.

And I could go on and tell you about how to get her style but it's easier to present a few of my favorite Stevie looks of all time and why she will forever be my timeless queen.

Let's talk about the ruffles, the embroidery, the corkscrew wedge heels. My etherial queen tbh.

Back in the middle school days I thought it would be cool to wear neon and pastel colors on the daily but since then I've learned that all black is definitely the way to go. Even though Anna Wintour hates all black.

I'm not a ruffles kind of girl, but Stevie totes is and she pulls it off better than I ever will.

Honestly this is in my top three favorite trends of the 70s. I don't know why but a good bell sleeve never fails to get me going.

The choker. That's all.

Share:

0 comments